what is it?
Who is it for?
For our companions
- They can attend meetings live and enjoy the assembly to the fullest like any of us.
- During the day, with just one click, they can follow a spiritual program.
- With Private Zoom, they can schedule a regular date with their family or siblings.
- For those who handle a tablet, they can finally follow in "JW library" while being on Zoom.
A 92-year-old sister told us that she followed meetings in large print on the phone. Since she uses zoom she can see illustrations and videos. As with the study "Pure Jehovah's Worship At Last Restored" where there are videos and pictures. Seeing the image of the celestial chariot in Ezekiel, she understood better what she was reading.
For the brother or sister in charge of our companions
- They can, remotely and securely, simply change and modify the meeting schedule or the video schedule.
- For assemblies and events, they can also schedule the broadcast in advance without having to intervene on the computer.
For the assembly
- Are we not happy to see and hear our dear elderly, disabled or ill companions attending all of our live meetings or service meetings?
- We can take advantage of Zoom technology to invite them to a study or accompany us in preaching to have a good time and benefit from their experiences.
For the family as well as the brothers and sisters of the assembly
- With Private Zoom, the family can schedule a regular meeting.
- Likewise, our elderly, disabled or sick companions appreciate having visits from brothers and sisters. Why not take advantage of a regular Private Zoom to visit our companions with our family, our children ... or with the members of the group for a moment of encouragement?
The brother or sister who will manage the program of our companions will simply change some parameters of the text file if necessary or access directly on the PC for some remote maintenance interventions...
- zoom meeting
- zoom service appointment
- private zoom
- JW videos and music
(programmable and random)
- 2 windows with daily text and jw.org website
- Option 2 languages (for those who want to follow sometimes in their mother tongue)
- Selection menu (under test)
Videos and music follow a personalized program by daily theme and random distribution. We can also program the periods of diffusion of the novelty like JW teledifusion or the assemblies ... The zoom connections follow the program and the schedules recorded for the meetings, the appointments of service, the private exchanges ...
A simple press on the [Q] (pink) key stops the video or zoom and shows the text of the day and the jw.org website
Practical help: documents
What material to use?
However, it is not easy to find suitable equipment for our elderly companions. After having tested several solutions, we have selected what seems to us the most simple and practical. We are only making a technical suggestion to help make your choice for purchasing a new computer.
The wireless keyboard, with an autonomy of about 3 years, allows easy use and we have found that it remains accessible for our companions. The mouse is only used for maintenance, it is attached to the back of the screen.
Is it a lasting solution if we resume our meetings at the Kingdom Hall in the near future? Although we look forward to being able to get together as soon as possible, the experience we have acquired with zoom will certainly allow us to offer solutions for our elderly, disabled or sick brothers and sisters so that they can continue. to attend meetings in the best conditions by replacing the simple telephone with a better solution. We hope that we can continue to use this technology or another for our companions who need a quality meeting.